Attendees at the original FaffCon had nothing but glowing things to say about it. After all, how often do voiceover actors get to spend an entire weekend in the company of other working professional voice talent, much less actually sharing ways to improve our performances and business operations to get more work?
- is entirely participant-driven
- fosters cooperation and camaraderie rather than competition as egos are left at home
- doesn’t have sales booths in the back — or in any part — of the meeting rooms
- gives participants unparalleled access to go “behind the curtains” to learn success strategies from other professional voice talent and industry leaders
In order to encourage everyone to reveal their secret formulas to success, what happens at FaffCon is supposed to stay at FaffCon. Some of the session highlights for me were:
- 3 sessions with the charming and extremely knowledgeable David Goldberg from Edge Studio in which he discussed and demonstrated why the vast majority of demos are rejected along with other marketing Q&As
- Numerous methods to attract repeat clients from the creative and clever Mercedes Rose
- Inspiration to “invite the avalanche” from the highly esteemed yet incredibly humble Bob Souer
- Positive energy and synergy generated in the session that I led, “The Power of Your Words Away From the Mic”.