I've undertaken extensive training in specialized classes:
- Pro Tools non-credit course from the Art Institute of Atlanta
- Beginning courses in Spanish, French, and German
- Paul Ruben’s Audiobook Narrator workshop
- Private voice-over coaching with Nancy Wolfson
- Susan Berkley’s Silver Inner Circle Coaching Program
- Pat Fraley’s Audiobook Workshop
- Pat Fraley’s Women in Animation Workshop
- Susan Berkley’s and Rich Jones’s Inner Game of Voice-Over
- Judith Sullivan’s Non-Regional Speech
- Paul Armbruster’s Voice-Over Workshop
- MS, Computer Information Systems
- BA, Journalism, Magna Cum Laude
Although my parents told me I wouldn’t make any money as a journalist, I earned a BA in Journalism, Magna Cum Laude. I thought it was the curriculum best suited to getting into my dream field of being a voice-over artist. I minored in marketing because you had to pick something. It turned out that I have a true passion for marketing!
I was employed with the federal government throughout high school and college. After graduation, I was selected for a position as a programmer. They recognized that I had the analytical ability to perform the job, but I was hired because of my communications skills.
I went back to school and earned my MS in Computer Information Systems and worked over 25 years in federal IT positions including network and email administrator, technical advisor, and communications specialist.
My intense technical expertise has served me well in my voice-over and audiobook narration career. I research, buy, install, maintain and operate the many types of software and equipment in my stunning studio. Many clients love that I have an IT background as I am able to perform scripts aimed at IT audiences with complete credibility and authenticity!
Look below for 10 interesting facts about me, and also check out my interviews on other sites.
- WhisperRoom sound isolation enclosure
- Neumann TLM 103 microphone
- Grace Design m101 mic pre-amp
- Apple iMac computer
- Pro Tools Digital Audio Workstation
10 interesting facts about me:
- I kissed Drew at the top of the Eiffel Tower on 2 of my birthdays.
- I’ve seen Barry Manilow in concert more than 50 times in 20 cities, from London to Las Vegas.
- From my computer files to my closets, I’m highly organized in all areas of my life.
- During elementary and high schools, I played clarinet, flute, piccolo, oboe, string bass, guitar, and piano. As an adult, I learned to play the harp.
- I’ve always been a collector and now seek out antique Eiffel Tower inkwells.
- I am proudly child-free by choice, unless you count my miniature schnauzer.
- Since we’re long-time Monty Python fans, Drew and I took a day trip to New York to see Spamalot in its opening week.
- I have been writing in a journal almost daily since 1999 and wish I’d started it earlier in my life
- Drew and I renewed our wedding vows on our 25th anniversary while riding a Harley in a drive-through wedding chapel in Las Vegas.
- When I was in 5th grade, I wrote the winning essay to name my county’s new police helicopter. As a result of winning the contest, I recorded a TV PSA, which brings us full-circle on this page!